A Travellerspoint blog


The three stugees left on the 5.15pm bus bound for Sydney after a 13 hour journey we arrived. In a rush to get to our hostel for the second half of the World Cup final we stumbled across Central Park with a massive screen and used our bags as sits.

On our first day in Sydney we wandered over to the Opera house and botanical gardens and took in a few of the sights. Also engaged in a bit of shopping. Whilst wandering about Furzey was pulled by the arm he was ready to have ago at the perpetrator but quickly realised it was Kev Penter, a lad from his course and a rugby league boy.

That evening we met up with Kev and went for a drink. Finding ourself in a pub that had a free quiz we thought we might as well take part. To our surprise we actually won and secured a $50 bar tab, result. So didnt end up leaving the pub we only meant to have a cheeky one in.

The following day we caught a bus to the world famous Bondi Beach. There were a few people surfing and on the beach but and we were in t-shirts but in the summer it must be amazing.

We also caught the ferry to Manly, which was really nice. The ferry took about 40minutes and took us all the way across the harbour, at Manly we had our now customary afternoon cup of tea and chilled out. The ferry back allowed us to see the Harbour Bridge and Opera house at sunset which was amazing.

By now Ryan had been with us about 10 days and was pretty much a broken man. We had a quality time and was sad to see him leave. However, Ry lives in Melbourne so he has only a few days left before the fun begins again.

Firday morning we went up Sydneys sky tower. From the tower you get an amazing 360 degree view and on a clear day you can see for 95km.

Later on we took a train to the suburbs to meet up with Gaz a mate of Ash's who worked at Lancing in his gap year. His Northen Irish parents we were really hospitable and welcomed us back any time. We then met up with his brother and mate and their local for some food and a few beers. It was really nice to get out of the city and visit a bar not full of English backpackers.

Its Saturday afternoon here and we are planning on going to the telstra stadium in a bit to watch South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Manly Sea Eagles (rugby league), which should be good although is raining here now. We are leaving tomorrow for Canberra, only a quick stop as apparently there is nothing there and is freezing.

  1. Updated

Forgot to mention that the two of us conceeded and both had a trim of our barnets. We previously had a challenge; who could last the longest without having a chop. Both being stubborn neither would back down, so we had to have a simaltaneous much needed cut.

Posted by furzechase 22:14 Archived in Australia Tagged hitchhiking

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents


I think that was a good move on the hair front...Furzey, you were looking like Ralphy with your curly locks! haha!
You will be glad to know that it's v hot in England - over 30 degrees most days!

by sammyslide

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint